Sunday, November 11, 2007

Skin



This is one of the saddest videos I have ever seen especially since the first time I saw it was my senior year of high school. I can't imagine what it would be like to find out that you had cancer. Then as she loses her hair, I can almost feel the sadness because most girls feel like nothing without their hair. Hair is one of the most prized possessions that a girl has. Most girls would feel like they were nothing without their hair. But the worst part of the whole thing was that she was worried about prom and i she would be asked because she did not think that a guy would want to take a girl with no hair to the prom. But, I loved when her date showed up to the house with his baseball cap on and then took it off showing that he had shaved his head just for her so that she would not feel bad or left out for not having hair. The scene of them dang is also a favorite of mine just because it is like they are the only two people in the world that matter on that day and that she is the only girl that he can see. It is her special day and no one or nothing is going to ruin that day for her. As the video plays your emotions change just by what you see, like the fabrics hanging from the ceiling create a calming feeling when she and her date are dancing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is one of the saddest songs/videos. I remember the first time I heard this song. I was in the car with one of my girl friends and this song came on. We sat in silence just listening to this song and when it was over, I didn't even know what to say. We got tears in our eyes. I love the part in it where the boy shaves his head for her because she has no hair and then she won't look different. When I am in a sad mood or upset I always listen to this song along with other Rascal Flatts songs. They are one of my favorites and so it this song.
-krista